Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Friday 13 January 2017

Review: The Illusions of Eventide by Sarah M. Cradit 4 of 5 stars

The Illusions of Eventide The Illusions of Eventide by Sarah M. Cradit
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this advanced reader copy and I have not been compensated in any way.

Nicolas Deschanel has been betrayed by the two mot important people to him and it still hurts and gives him a sense of loss contrary to the impression he gives in life that nothing matters to him. He has now travelled to a family holiday home in order to quietly kill himself.

However instead he finds a woman called Mercy on the beach at dusk and it puts Nicholas in two minds - half of him wants to help her and half of him is very annoyed at her intruding on his island/private moment.

Mercy is thousands of years old and very powerful, but she cannot tell this Child of Man this and her other secrets. However when he is in her presence his own hidden powers start to emerge which start events which will only cause pain for Nicholas, Mercy and the friend's on both sides which become involved. All parties then understand that new life only begins when you set free what means the most to you.

This was a powerful story that involved some magic, an ancient race and the beliefs of both sets of people. The story started slow (and at that point I didn't enjoy it as much) but later on became quite fast paced and action packed. Without giving the story away some people came across as being a bit self absorbed, others as caring and others as rather selfish. I guess that is not always so different to the world today. Hopefully they can redeem themselves to me in the following books in the series.

It was clearly written and emotions were fairly well written although I wasn't sure if it was the writing or the characters in the story that made some sections a bit hard going.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment