Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Thursday 5 January 2017

Review: Indiana Belle by John A. Heldt 5 of 5 stars

Indiana Belle Indiana Belle by John A. Heldt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.

Doctoral student Cameron Coelho buys some private papers to help him with his dissertation on the 1920's, but when the 28 year old opens them and goes through them, he finds clues to an old mystery and the photograph of a beautiful woman who worked as a newspaper society editor who was then murdered in 1925.

Searching into the mystery in the papers and the woman in the photograph he found, he finds his way to a man called Professor Geoffrey Bell who is an expect on time-travel. Before he knows it, the lonely Cameron begins a journey into the 1920's discovering history, romance and intrigue as he lives through the age of Prohibition, jazz and flappers.

This was a fun story. It started a little slow but as he got further into the mysteries and events of that time I found myself swept away and reading faster. The descriptions of the events and people involved were detailed and clear and I could put myself in their position most of the time. It was nice to read about a tie in the past and learn a bit more about it. I liked the similarities to today when there was future time-travel involved.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment