Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Saturday 14 January 2017

Review: Inevitable Ascension by V.K. McAllister 4 of 5 stars

Inevitable Ascension Inevitable Ascension by V.K. McAllister
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this copy and I have not been compensated in any way.

Violina has not had the kindest nor easiest life so far but that makes her ideal for withstanding the trials that are set to face her and her friend Lux in this story. As an innocent she never wavers from what is right, even when right is not what she is used to. Even when she is condemned as a heretic to live and die in a pit, she will not submit to this fate and forges another one for herself. Rejecting artificial authority she decides the only way to put things right is to create her own law instead.

This was a fast paced book full of action and adventure with some time travel and examples of the best and worst of human nature. It moved so fast in places it was all you can do to hang on and keep up with the story and what is happening. I did have a few concerns about the decisions and that were made as they were made in a bit of a cavalier way with no thought of the consequences especially when it kept referring to the possible issues with changing things in the past and the effect on the future. Overall well written and everything was well described.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment