Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Saturday 4 February 2017

Review: Awaken: Sleeping Beauty Retold by Demelza Carlton 4 of 5 stars

Awaken: Sleeping Beauty Retold Awaken: Sleeping Beauty Retold by Demelza Carlton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rosamond and some of her entourage are struck down with a mystery sickness after attending a wedding at a neighbouring kingdom. She cures her companions but has no knowledge as to how to help herself.

Lord Siward goes hunting but stumbles upon a ruined building and accidentally wakes a beautiful woman within it. He then and realises his holiday has ended. He has a kingdom in trouble but keeps getting lost in her mesmerising green eyes. He also suspects she holds the key to solve the kingdom's problems.

I really liked this story. It was a clever retelling of Sleeping Beauty which had enough of a twist that although I knew it would have a HEA it was still nice to see how they got to there and how the kingdom would be saved. As usual it was well written and carefully thought out.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment