Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Wednesday 8 February 2017

Review: In Absence of Fear by Celeste Chaney 5 of 5 stars

In Absence of Fear In Absence of Fear by Celeste Chaney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this book and I have not been compensated in any way.

The Protector Program is a predictive policing system designed to protect and uses Passive ID chips implanted in citizen's wrists to collect date, identify people and provide access to their homes, cars and buy things in shops. The core of the system are risk prediction algorithms that analyse the user data which has resulted in the elimination of crime in most areas. Marus Winde is the Senior Algorithm Architect and has dedicated his life to working on the system and it's algorithms.

Reality comes crashing down towards him when his young son Cade vanishes in a public park in broad daylight. As he searches the data to find his son he realises that the system is corruptible and no match for human intuition.

I love this story and the concept. It was well written and the plot was well thought out. I liked that there were a few twists and turns in the story and it wasn't obvious where it was going. It was well written and I could feel the emotions they were experiencing.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment