Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Thursday 9 February 2017

Review: Vanek by Laurie Olerich 5 of 5 stars

Vanek Vanek by Laurie Olerich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this advanced reader copy and I have not been compensated in any way.

Dylan has been promised to a Soul Broker by her family but is desperate to escape him and his brutality. Having acted impulsively she is in the Morningstar Sanitarium hiding and trying to avoid returning to the real world when she is drawn to Vanek who is also there. They are separated when they both escape and she goes to Expat Security is protection and a new identity, however she finds Vanek there and is determined to leave as one demon in her life is more than enough.

Vanek had a reputation in Hell as a Painkiller and freaks out when he realises he is in a human body but feels better when he realises he is now a mercenary (with a bit of kink). As he meets other team members from Hell they start to group together and are known as the Trinity Demons. When he meets the Soul Broker who "owns" Dylan he realises with his growing feelings for her he has to protect her, and that he also needs to track down the conspiracy that wrongly sent him there in the first place.

This is a great new series connecting to the original Primani stories. It was great to see a demon as the good guy and that after all of that drama he did receive some kind of a reward. I love the direction of the story and can't wait to see how it develops (with lots of twists and turns I'm sure). The book was well written and the story was well explained. Feelings were described well and I could definitely empathise with the characters.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I'm really excited about this new series. Making the demons the good guys was a fun challenge for me. I guess it's true that you never know what someone else is going through until you walk in their shoes!

    ReplyDelete