Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Review: The Secrets Amongst the Cypress: The House of Crimson & Clover Volume VIII by Sarah M. Cradit 4 of 5 stars

The Secrets Amongst the Cypress: The House of Crimson & Clover Volume VIII The Secrets Amongst the Cypress: The House of Crimson & Clover Volume VIII by Sarah M. Cradit
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this book and I have not been compensated in any way.

Jacob's first attempt at time travel leaves him and Amelia back in Louisiana - only problem is that the year is 1861 and the Civil War is about to start. Even worse they have no luggage, no invitation and have to think quickly and rely on the goodwill and manners of Charles and Brigitte Deschanel who believe they are cousins visiting from abroad. As they try to come to terms with the tragic things that caused them to flee in the first place, they both struggle and Amelia finds herself in the world of a strange man called Victor who seems to know everything there is about them both. As they struggle to find themselves again and handle what has happened they are drawn into the rather bizarre world of the Deschanel family which has the potential to drive them further apart. Can they get through this and still be together before they stay too long and cause untold damage?

I liked this story. I found it a little hard going at times but I think that was probably because they had so much to sort through in their lives and that affected me as well. It was well told and everything was clearly explained. I could feel their thoughts and emotions which made me so desperately sorry for them at times. You definitely need to read the previous books in this series to understand what is going on in this one.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment