Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Thursday 2 March 2017

Review: The Storm and the Darkness by Sarah M. Cradit 5 of 5 stars

The Storm and the Darkness The Storm and the Darkness by Sarah M. Cradit
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this book and I have not been compensated in any way.

After making a dreadful mistake Ana Deschanel runs away from New Orleans to Summer Island, Maine. However it's not as friendly and tranquil as she helped especially her veterinarian neighbour Jonathan St. Andrews.

Ana Deschanel has made a terrible mistake. The only chance of protecting the other people involved is to flee New Orleans, the only home she has ever known, for the quiet solitude of Summer Island. The locals are distant and cold, especially her neighbour, the reclusive veterinarian Jonathan St. Andrews, but thankfully she has a lifeline in the caretaker Alex Whitman who tries to warn her that she is not prepared for the impending winter. She also meets Jonathan's brother Finn but when attempting to return something to Finn she slips and falls onto some jagged rocks. Thankfully the brothers find her in time but have to find a way to protect them all from a storm and some mysterious darkness that are approaching.

This story is a necessary read if you want to understand some relationships between the characters in the main series.

I loved this story - it has some very real characters with intense and complex relationships between them. It was well written and I could feel all the thoughts, emotions and turmoil that they all went through at different times. Reading this definitely enhanced my understanding of a part of the series.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment