Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Review: Milijun by Clayton Graham 4 of 5 stars

Milijun Milijun by Clayton Graham
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Set in Australia in 2179 Laura Sinclair and her son Jason see aliens arrive on earth. The aliens try to connect to humans in a symbiotic way and Jason is chosen by them to contribute genetics in an experiment to prove the spiritual compatibility between them and humans by impregnating human females with embryos that are hybrids of the alien race and Jason. Laura ends up arguing with Major General Sebastian Ord from the Australian Defence Force and Uriel who is head of a strange research facility called Milijun in the outback. Following some fights Jason is then abducted the aliens which pushes Laura to the limits of her sanity (or so it feels at times). Somehow she has to be able to save herself, Jason and a group of women with unborn children from both humans and aliens.

I loved the basic story of the aliens coming to earth and doing their experiment. The research facility was a nice addition and made the story pleasantly different to similar stories in the genre. There was a good level of detail and the technical side of things was definitely well covered. I found the character of Laura more than a little annoying which may have just been me but her dilemmas and thoughts/hesitancy just felt too much after the first few times.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment