Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Review: This Long Vigil by Rhett C. Bruno 5 of 5 stars

This Long Vigil This Long Vigil by Rhett C. Bruno
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Orion is on an Interstellar Ark called Hermes and for the last 25 years has been the lone human monitor with only an AI called Dan for company. As Orion approaches the end of this 25 year tenure he is due to be put back into hibernation in the chamber and will eventually die and be replaced before the ship reaches it's final destination. So Orion decides he will not do that as he needs to escape Hermes and see space again no matter what he has to do.

Great short story that is very detailed in it's description of the scene, the characters, the thoughts and the emotions involved in the story. I was hooked in the story and was dying to know how it was going to turn out. I think if I was reading it on a traditional paperback I would have been tempted to skip to the end to know how it was going to end, but as it was I just started to read it faster and I have to admit ignoring things I shouldn't have (just don't tell anyone).

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment