Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Sunday 13 May 2018

Review: Claimed by Gods: A Reverse Harem Urban Fantasy by Eva Chase 5 of 5 stars

Claimed by Gods: A Reverse Harem Urban Fantasy Claimed by Gods: A Reverse Harem Urban Fantasy by Eva Chase
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Aria Watson (Ari) is streetwise and thought she had handled everything life had already thrown at her. She was determined to stay away from the criminals she worked for and save her little brother from their Mum's house. Then she suddenly died and woke up with four incredibly hot gods telling her she is now a Valkyrie. Loki is sharp and crafty, Thor is jovial and very ferocious, Baldur is very compassionate and Hod is very grim and secretive. It seems their king (Odin) is missing and they need Ari to find him and help rescue him. Seems I'm the four Valkyrie - the previous three never made it back. Can all the new skills I have and every trick I have from my life before I died help in this huge task.? Also what am I going to do about these hot gods that are getting under my skin?

Wow this book merges together seamlessly the modern day American life with Norse mythology into a story with lots of drama and action interspersed with soft emotional moments that definitely made you swallow and take a moment before continuing to read. Ari was a delightful character that I'm sure everyone can clearly see in my mind and understand how she was feeling or behaving. It was well written and all the thoughts and emotions of the characters were clear and easy to feel and empathise with. Great start to what promises to be a great series.

** Please note this is a slow burn reverse harem book

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment